Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nathaniel's Letter 10/28/2011

    I realized that you have asked a few questions about letters, I also realize that I haven't mentioned anything about my district that I'm in.  You shouldn't send me emails because I have limited time on the computer.  I read your letters before I wrote mine so I just have less time to write.  Are you updating my blog with the letters I send home?  You should either write through regular letters, or you can write through dearelder.com.  I only read emails once a week anyway and wrote all my letters today before getting on the computer. 
 
     The Missionary Training Center schedule is a great schedule to live by.  We get up at 630, breakfast is at 710 we work through the day and then go to bed at 1030.  There is also a different hour for gym every day to exercise and stay in shape.  The Missionary Training Center schedule is so very busy but it is the most productive schedule there is.  We plan every night so that there is not any wasted time and can fully devote our time to learning the gospel and the language.  The church really uses inspired programs and I am blessed as a missionary. There is no way that anyone could learn as much Tagalog as I have as quickly as I have without the gift of tongues.  Any missionary in my district can speak Tagalog.  My teacher Bro. Day mentioned that we speak better Tagalog  now than any American he has met who tried to learn Tagalog not through a mission.  I have learned that we really need to rely on the Lord in all we do, especially when we are doing his work.  Proverbs 3:5 says to trust in the Lord and lean not to our own understanding.  This is very true as a missionary.  I just need to be humble and trust in God and I can do all the things that I am required to do.  It has been great to see the increase of the Lord's blessings in my daily life.
 
      I love you all, thank you for your support.
                                                                   Sincerely,   Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment